Legal AI chatbot LawDroid has been selected by MaRS for its Venture Start program.
MaRS Venture Start entrepreneurs gain access to:
- High-intensity, immersive workshops on a variety of key topics such as hiring talent and securing capital
- Detailed market intelligence about industries, competitors, markets, potential investors and partners, intellectual property and more
- A range of service providers that advise MaRS-supported ventures on key topics such as intellectual property and accounting best practices
- Discount codes for networking events, startup conferences and tradeshows
- Expert mentorship in a 1:many or 1:few setting
The chatbot was launched in November 2016 by US lawyer Tom Martin. Prior to founding LawDroid, Tom created flat fee legal services marketplace LawDeal in 2012.
The chatbot allows entrepreneurs to incorporate on their smartphone for free using Facebook Messenger.
“My aim is to eliminate barriers to innovation and encourage entrepreneurs to follow their dreams,” said Tom.
- 🚀 Launching the First Annual American Legal Technology Awards: Honoring Legal Tech Innovators Making a Difference - April 27, 2020
- How to Use Virtual Receptionists to Convert More Chatbot Leads - July 23, 2018
- Jean Clauson Interview: What Millennials Want from Attorneys - June 27, 2018
- Nicole Abboud Interview: Using Podcasting to Build Your Brand and Grow Your Law Practice - June 1, 2018
- How Using Bots in Your Law Practice Can Let You Be More Human and Help Grow Your Business - May 15, 2018
- Dennis Kennedy Interview: Thoughts on the Practical Use of Technology by Lawyers - April 6, 2018
- How Your Fuzzy Liberal Arts Education May Sharpen Your Skills in a Techie-Dominated World - February 5, 2018
- New Year’s Resolutions We’re Keeping in 2018 with Jean Clauson, Aastha Madaan and Nick Rishwain - January 29, 2018
- Honoring the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. - January 15, 2018
- Looking Back and Looking Forward: Legal Tech Predictions and Thoughts for 2018 - January 8, 2018